Get in Touch
Shop & Contact
Ordering a Cake
All of our cakes are bespoke and made to order entirely from scratch – we therefore do not keep stock of cakes to buy at the shop and need time to make them!
If you want a quote for a cake order we will need the following information:
- Date required to check we are free – there is limited capacity each week and some dates can fill up quickly…
- Design – the labour involved will dictate the price, feel free to send photos of anything you have seen that you like, either from our gallery or elsewhere online – this really helps!
- For orders of small bakes like macarons or cupcakes tell us how many you require (see our ordering & prices menu for minimum order requirements). For big cakes just tell how many people you want your cake feed and we will size it for you. If you are ordering a tiered cake, tell us how many tiers you’d ideally like and the number of people it is to feed. Sometimes we will recommend having dummy tiers if you want a big cake but only have small guest numbers.
When at the shop we are often busy teaching or making cakes so are unable to accommodate walk-in cake consultations, please contact us first.
Creative Baking Supplies Shop
Our on site cake decorating shop is open to the general public when we are making cakes and/or teaching cake classes. If you are making a special trip we recommend calling ahead to make sure we are open. You can also check our courses calendar here so you know when we are there.
We stock a range of cake boards, boxes, colourings, icings, sprinkles, sugarcraft cutters, moulds, equipment and tools from brands including Squires Kitchen, Renshaw, PME, Katy Sue, Colour Mill, Happy Sprinkles, Rainbow Dust, Scrumptious and lots more…
Don’t forget, if you are coming on a cake class you are entitled to 10% off all in stock products on the day of your class!
Get in Touch
We do not keep regular hours, we are open as and when we are making cakes on site or teaching cake classes. We are also often out on deliveries or working offsite so if you are travelling far please alway call to check first if we are open.
If the phone is not answered we may be closed, in the middle of a cake course or out on other cakey business! So please email your query instead and we will be able to get back to you promptly.
Our address is Unit 4 Eckersley Road (off Regina Road), Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1SL.
You will find our workshop situated on the small industrial estate which is adjacent to the Riverside Retail park, opposite the Riverside Ice & Leisure Centre.
We are conveniently located just a few minutes walk from the Chelmsford mainline train and bus stations with direct trains out of London Liverpool Street and Stratford. See map at the bottom of this page.
There are a number of parking options for our shop.
The parking bays directly in front of the shop entrance are reserved for customers collecting cake orders and those using the Creative Baking Supplies shop only – thank you for your cooperation.
If you are coming on a cake course we kindly ask that you do not use the above spaces and instead one of the many local car parks which are all within a couple of minutes walk from us:
- Regina Road Pay & Display car park on Eckersley Road – 10 seconds walk
- Riverside Leisure Centre / Waterloo Lane Pay & Display car park – 30 seconds walk
- The Granary Pay & Display car park (opposite the Riverside Inn Pub on Victoria Road) – 2 min walk
- Bond Street Car Park – 4 minute walk
- Riverside Retail Park – this offers 2 hours free parking but if you are coming on a cake course using this car park means you will need to go out and move your car during the lesson.
Stay in the Know
Stay up to date with the latest news and treats from The Gourmet Cake Company