Perfect Sponges Tutorial
Battling with the baking? In this tutorial Eloise will take you through a step by step demonstration of her favourite all round sponge cake. This moist, sweet, yet stable sponge is great for wedding and occasion cakes but also carved creations that benefit from a little bit of a closer texture. You’ll also learn about scaling your recipe, which bakeware is best, as well as some tips for flavouring, colouring and storage. This tutorial will also go through some common cake tribulations and how to avoid them – banish sunken, dense or unrisen cakes to the past once and for all!
What Will I Learn?
- Perfect sponge full recipe – unique to our online classes
- Step by step demonstration by Eloise
- Trouble shooting guide for typical baking problems!
- Scaling for different tin shapes and sizes
- Guide to silicone and metal tins
- Lining and/or greasing tins
- Tips for colouring and flavouring your sponge
- Sponge Self Raising Flour, Salted or Unsalted Butter, Caster Sugar, Eggs (exact recipe provided in video)
- Colours and/or flavour of your choice
- Cake tin of your choice (scaling for different tin sizes info provided in video)
- Kitchen Towel (Kitchen Roll)
- Baking Parchment or Silicone Paper
Stay in the Know
Stay up to date with the latest news and treats from The Gourmet Cake Company